The Sun-Gazette is offering two tickets to see Ringo Starr and his 12th All Starr Band in a sold-out concert, at 7:30 p.m. June 8 at the Community Arts Center, 220 W. Fourth St. Tickets for the show sold out in five hours on Feb. 14. The two tickets are orchestra floor level, near the the middle of the auditorium. Tickets are valued at $165 each.
The tickets were made available directly from concert promoter, Bernard A. Oravec, Sun-Gazette publisher.
To enter, submit the answers to the following 13 questions to the Showcase Department. A winner will be drawn from those who have submitted the correct answers to all 13 questions.
Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band will perform June 8 at the Community Arts Center. The Sun-Gazette is offering a pair of tickets to the winner of a trivia contest starting this week.
Questions are as follows:
1. What is Ringo Starr's birth name?
2. What band did Ringo leave, to join The Beatles?
3. What was the brand name of the first "new" drum kit purchased by Ringo?
4. In what year did Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band first perform live?
5. Who is Ringo's alter ego on the 1967 Beatles album, "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"?
6. Which famous rock music icon is Ringo's brother-in-law?
7. What is the title of Ringo's first solo album?
8. What is the official catalog name given to the color of Ringo's iconic Ludwig drum kit, which he played as a member of The Beatles?
9. What Ringo song was shelved as a possible single by the record company, due to the lyric: "The only way I'll get you, is to get you in bed"?
10. What is the name of the grip style that Ringo is credited with making popular, that is used to hold the sticks while playing drums?
11. How many bass drum heads, with the iconic Beatles "drop T" logo, were actually used by Ringo as a member of The Beatles?
12. How many U.S. Top 40 singles does Ringo have as a solo artist?
13. What is the brand name of Ringo's first drum kit used as a member of The Beatles?
In order to qualify, entries must meet the following criteria:
Must include name, address and phone number for entrant.
Must include answers for all 13 questions (only those with correct answers will be included in the drawing).
Must be received by 4:30 p.m. Friday, May 30.
Must be legible (typed is preferred).
To submit answers, mail or drop off at: Williamsport Sun-Gazette, Showcase Department, 252 W. Fourth St., Wiliamsport, PA 17701.
Or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Ringo Tickets.
Phone entries will not be accepted. For more information, contact Amanda Alexander, Showcase editor, at 570-326-1551 ext. 3110.