Mr. and Mrs. Gary D. Avery, Cogan Station, observed their 45th wedding anniversary Jan. 10, 2013.
They were married by the Rev. Francis Bell in Williamsport.
Mrs. Avery, the former Linda Marie Hock, is a native of Williamsport. She is the daughter of Olga Hock, Williamsport, and the late Lone Hock. She graduated from Williamsport High School in 1964. She was employed by L.L. Stearns, the Carroll House, C.A. Reed and Bud's Steak House.
Mr. Avery, a native of Williamsport, is the son of the late Elizabeth "Betty" and Roland "Doug" Avery. He graduated from Montoursville High School in 1958 and attended San Diego State University and studied biology. He served in the Navy from 1958 to 1962.
He was employed by the U.S. Postal Service, Prudential Insurance, Bankers Life and Casualty and the City of El Cajon Parks Department, El Cajon, Calif. He is the owner of Avery Insurance Agency.
They are the parents of two daughters, Marie Lynn Himmelberg, Murrieta, Calif., and Molly May Simpson, Bodega Bay, Calif.; and a son, Mark William, Spencer, N.Y.
There are eight grandchildren.