JERSEY SHORE - A mother and daughter temporarily were left homeless Tuesday night after a small accidental fire broke out in a back bedroom at their mobile home on Route 287, according to Ethan Goodbrod, assistant fire chief of the Citizen's Hose Co.
Once on the scene, volunteer firefighters had the fire out within minutes at 4790 Route 287 in Mifflin Township, Goodbrod said.
The mother was using a heating unit to thaw frozen water pipes when she accidentally set fire to some insulation about 6 p.m., Goodbrod said.
"The fire went up a wall and into the ceiling," he said.
Goodbrod said the mother and daughter should be able move back into their home in a matter of days. Their identities were not released.